Thursday, April 28, 2011

on the importance of a warm neck.....


Winter is on it's way and I am once again faced with the dilemma of how to have a warm neck without looking like a relic from the 70's in a roll neck skivvie. Never mind that I am in fact a relic from the 70's, nobody wants to look like one. Enter 'Ravelry' and my rediscovery of the pleasures of knitting!  I have knitted myself a lacy 'cowl' which has a slightly vintage look about it courtesy of Ann Hanson, a designer who I discovered through Rav, which is a knitters heaven and a fantastic example of how to create a friendly, interesting and dynamic social networking/database/information website.

This was  a quick knit too - maximum effect and minimal work!!
If you are interested in beautiful and effective knitted pieces have a look at Ann's blog Knitspot, apart from providing access to her knitting patterns, she is an entertaining writer and lover of the natural world.

I am knitting a pair of socks now - warm toes are important too

No comments:

Post a Comment