Saturday, July 28, 2012

A short walk in the Majura Bush

On Sunday Danz and I went for a bush walk at Mt Majura. Wikipedia describes Mt Majura as 'a small mountain located in Canberra'. It is 888 metres high and is part of the Canberra Nature Park. It is a popular place for walkers, with and without dogs and for mountain bicyclists (eek!).


It was a perfect day for a walk, shifting clouds, cool and some sun shining through. The walk we attempted to take is the second walk in '30 Family Bushwalks in and around Canberra' by Graeme Barrow (4th Edition). This is a terrific little book, though some of the tracks he describes have changed a bit since the book was published in 2002. 


Here are some pics of the walk :-)







1 comment:

  1. I am dying to do a bush walk soon! I can just feel the trees and birds calling me..... I'm not crazy I swear! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete