Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas decorations and preparations....

I have been busy knitting, crocheting, sewing and cooking up Christmas presents. Some of these have already been posted off and others are still in the making or ready to wrap. Our family like to make gifts and are also great recyclers so op-shops are on the shopping list spots when we do our Christmas shopping. I have found a couple of terrific gifts at our local recycling shops as well as jars for the apricot jam that I have made.


well, it is Christmas!
We keep the same decorations for years and none of them match. It's a nostalgia thing.
Home made apricot jam, and the apricots come from a tree right here in our suburb! How great is that?




This is hat/hood that I have designed - cute eh?

I still have things to make and get but I am feeling close to being organised. I think!

Here are a few more of our decorations :-)



I love this one with the little girl on Santa's knee!

We have a few Santas on our tree and a couple of Santa snow domes under it.
What is on your tree?





1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh - knitting, crocheting, sewing and cooking?? I thought you were a painter, but you can do it all!! :) Love that, versatility (is that a word? It should be!)!
    That apricot jam looks delicious, and I love the hat you designed :) And the mismatched decorations - so much of Christmas is in the memories it stirs up, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete